Now lets talk chia!
- Chia seeds are full of omega 3 and calcium to keep them bones healthy and strong.
- They help protect the skin from sun damage.
- They help reduce inflammation as they are packed with soluble fibre – Can help some IBS sufferers by reducing bloating.
- They are complete proteins.
- They contain amino acids which help keep your skin, hair and nails healthy – reduce blemishes.
- They are known to keep you fuller for longer – great for breakfast on busy days.
- Gluten free
Plus many more!
In this recipe I’ve combined blueberries and coconut for a creamy texture and summer vibe!
I’m sure you will become just as addicted to this recipe as I am!
Its so simple, quick and easy! Perfect for a weekday breakfast. You can prepare it all the night before, pop it in a jar and take it to work with you in the morning.
Ingredients – serves 1
1.5 tbsp chia seeds
100ml full fat coconut milk
80g frozen blueberries
1 tsp ground flaxseeds
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp almond butter
50g fresh blueberries
5g coconut flakes
Place the chia seeds, coconut milk, frozen blueberries, flax, maple syrup and almond milk into a food processor/blender.
Blend until smooth and all the ingredients are combined.
Pour the mixture into a small bowl/glass/jar and pop in the fridge overnight.
In the moring top with fresh bluberries and coconut flakes.